Sunday, May 29, 2022

My Breakthrough Covid Experience - the Saga Continues

 I'm on Day 9 of a mild, symptomatic case of SARS-CoV-2

Picking up where I left off in the last post --


A note about daily routines: almost 1 liter or water directly after waking. Teas and supplements consistent with the Candida Cure protocol mentioned in previous blog. Gentle stretching, then foam rolling to support lymphatic drainage and brief breathing exercises in the morning. Up until Thursday I also repeated an easy stretching sequence in the evening before bed. Beginning Thursday I started doing a salt water nasal flush in the morning.


A note about diet: all food is consistent with Candida Cure protocol, and I've been sure to eat smaller or larger meals, as some of the cleanse supplements need to be taken after food.


Progression of my case:

Wednesday: Plenty of mucous discharge, productive cough, sore throat gone. Still the "virus-y" sensation in my sinuses and throat.

  • Treatment: tea with expectorant and warming herbs. I had the hot water bottle heated up and on my body at all times during the day. It felt most soothing to lay with it under my upper chest or directly on my chest, also neck and side of head. 
  • Response: Presumably the hot water bottle and warming herbs generated enough heat to keep my sinuses and throat clear. At the end of the day I no longer wanted the hot water bottle.


Thursday: Notably dizzy upon getting out of bed. Coughing and discharge in the morning, more energy than any previous day. "Virus-y" sensation still present.  Good appetite for breakfast but after felt a power-down.

This is the test of Day 2, but it looked the same on Day 6.

  • Day 6 Test: Rapid antigen results positive.
  • Treatment: slept mid-day and sweat, seems to be a low fever. after drinking nearly 1 gallon of tea (same herb combo as Wed.) and water, I wrapped up in socks, slippers, a hat and put a hoody on over my pajamas and got into bed. About 2 hours later I had completely sweated through everything. Changed clothes, ate a small dinner, went to the bathroom and laid down to repeat the process. By the early hours of Friday morning I had sweated through 4 shirts and three pajama bottoms.
  • Response: My throat/nose was improved.


Friday: Full-body dizziness upon rising. "Virus-y" sensation present but reduced. My appetite for breakfast was stronger, and I had an impression that I would need to eat more food that day.

  • Treatment: once breakfast was over I washed and dried clothes from previous night and proceeded to drink the same amount of the herbal tea combo as the previous day and water. At around 2pm I started feeling heat rising from my chest so I got into bed all dressed in hoodie, socks and hat. 1.5 hours later got up to change clothes, ate a dinner (added hot sauce, why not?) and went back to bet around 6:30pm to repeat the cycle until around 11pm.
  • Response: Again, throat/nose improved.


Saturday: Woke feeling grounded in my body. Still noticed sensation in throat, but the entire feeling in my nasal passage was remarkably improved. 

  • Treatment: Morning stretches felt very good and breakfast provided more energy. Noticed that my throat was clear enough to do yoga breathing. Finished the laundry from the night before and got as much food into me as felt comfortable before beginning the sweat-through process. Between changes 2 and 3 I was aware that I would need more electrolytes and nutritionally dense foods.
  • Took supplements high in minerals and filled gel-caps with essential oils in the evening.
  • Response: After the 3rd sweat-through my body said "that's enough." 


Sunday: Woke feeling as close to normal as ever, though throat still tight around tonsils. Notable temperature, perhaps 2º (I don't have a thermometer, but this felt like a low-grade fever). Hungry.

Day 9 test, "It's almost negative!"

  • Day 9 Test: Rapid antigen results faint positive.
  • Treatment: As I was able to easily do yoga breathing for the second day, I decided to embark on an in-room practice with the understanding that as soon as my body started to loose energy I would stop. It felt so good that I completed a full session. This produced so much sweat that I decided I will not need to do any more deliberate stimulation of sweat.
  • Continued with high-mineral supplements, essential oils, changed herb blend now to include those high in nutrients and blood building.
  • Result: tightness in tonsils much reduced. Slight "virus-y" sensation returned in afternoon, and reduced after unprovoked sweating. Fever down in the evening.


Plan going forward: 

- Increase nutritional density of everything I consume.

- Take tomorrow off of yoga, as it's the New Moon, but resume on Tuesday as long as all symptoms continue to improve.

- Test again on Tuesday morning. The rapid antigen tests are providing a status report of the level of antigens present, and let me tell you I am collecting a thorough sample. If Tuesday still isn't a clear negative I will prepare to remain in quarantine for next week.


It's helpful for me to journal about this, as it gives me a picture of the progression. I have asked people who have already gone through this what symptoms they had: "All of them."


If Fri. May 20th was Day 0 = first full day of symptoms (the tight feeling in my tonsils that persisted all day and became a sore throat at night)

Days 1 - 3 = sore throat

Days 3 - 5 = nasal congestion/discharge

Days 4 - 6 = productive cough

Days 6 & 7 = dizziness

Days 6 - 8 = tired enough to sleep early

Day 9 = low-grade fever & recurrence of feeling fullness in tonsils


Another thing I've heard is that people feel very depleted after this long of a sickness. 

A big motivator for me to maintain my cleansing diet is that it is nutritionally rich. The protocol begins adding blood enriching supplements at the second month. Now that I'm feeling my body clearly craving nutritional support I will add more of those to my supplement routine beginning tomorrow. I already started on Saturday with the high-mineral supplement and blood building herbs.


I added gel-caps with essential oils because, of all the tools I have, they have the highest potential to expedite the completion of this case. I did not add them sooner because during a mucous discharge phases they cause dehydration. In the first days of deep sweating I didn't have enough appetite, which indicates that digesting them would have taken additional energy.


May we all learn from each other.

Please share your observations and experiences in the comments.

Blessings and health,

Christian


No comments:

Post a Comment