Thursday, April 4, 2013

Shiatsu Practitioner mandate

In 1998 the Boston Shiatsu School released me onto the world a Shiatsu Practitioner with four mandates: do no harm; always be a student; be healthier than your clients; and teach people.

With very few exceptions, I have remained faithful to the first three, with the last, teach people, always looming as something that will come in time.

My intention with this blog is to share my understanding of natural health. I have lived an extremely healthy life since learning basic Shiatsu and beginning my study of the human experience. There are so many small balancing maneuvers embedded into my everyday life, I now consider caring for myself to be part of my job description. 

Turns out I've learned quite a bit along the way. To support the world of humanity more fully, I intend to offer as much as possible through blog format. What I cannot give in blog, I will attempt to share through teaching events. I plan to make use of the resource available through my workplace, Bodywork Bistro, when classroom space is required, and otherwise will schedule events in public parks around Boulder.

I invite everyone who reads this Shiatsu Blog to reply with comments and observations. As a perpetual student I learn from every possible source, and do my best to maintain authentic presence and integrity in the process.

For today, I end with questions. You are welcome to answer in a comment. What does self-care mean to you? How many times a day/week do you do something that qualifies as self-care?

Please contact me with questions about Shiatsu or to make an appointment in one of my Boulder, CO, locations.

Best wishes for a wonderful month,
Christian
mindbodyenergetics@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment